Gourmet Butanol is a butanol consulting company.
We offer the following services:
By overseeing the various aspects of facility design and construction, we can provide quality assurance for our clients. Gourmet Butanol can connect clients to other technology providers, waste collection companies, and enzyme and chemical suppliers. Gourmet Butanol can assist discussions with local government and authorities and will tailor each facility to our client’s needs.
- Proof of concept development
- Rapid prototyping
- Laboratory and industrial scale facilities
- Scale up
- Analytical laboratory design
- Aggregation of technology
- Negotiations with suppliers and local government
Gourmet Butanol offers training for operating all aspects of the process. Clients will be instructed on daily operations and troubleshooting. Facilities will be self-sustaining after training workshops.
- Chromatography and other analysis
- Anaerobic chamber and cell culturing techniques
- Aseptic techniques
- Clean in place
- Upstream and downstream processing
Organic waste varies in chemical composition. Gourmet Butanol’s analytical laboratory is designed to provide in-depth analysis for any feedstock. Gourmet Butanol provides carbohydrate profiling and can screen for toxic organics using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and gas chromatography (GC). Gourmet Butanol offers small batch fermentation trials to determine potential yields of a variety of acids, solvents, and alcohols. Based on fermentation trials, Gourmet Butanol can customize the process to maximize efficiency and generate more revenue for our clients.
- Carbohydrate profiling
- Toxic organic screening
- Fermentation trials
- Potential yield and economic projections
- Process customization
Gourmet Butanol’s innovative proprietary process provides an advantage over traditional methods for synthesizing butanol and other solvents. Our novel technology is designed to homogenize waste streams and drop operating costs by minimizing inputs during the degradation of carbohydrates in organic waste. Gourmet Butanol has also developed technology for powering and providing process heat for facilities and separately for extracting solvents after fermentation.
- Homogenizing waste streams
- Degrading carbohydrates without thermal pretreatment
- Decreasing energy inputs for upstream and downstream processing
- Providing energy and process heat to facility